Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

I was reading the morning tweets and came across this little gem from Over the Rhine musical genius Linford Detweiler: "Gorgeous Thanksgiving morning. Just a quiet day on the farm. Slept in. Made pot of coffee, opened kitchen window, sun streaming in. Breathe." Linford helped me get my thankful heart straight before even getting out of bed. (Yes, I was reading tweets in bed!)

I'm thankful for my husband Dave who is not only an excellent provider for our family but he encourages me, Candice, to live out my dreams. I'm thankful for my children who challenge me to constantly better myself, who challenge me to make the world a better place for them to live in, and who challenge me to help make them the best little people they can be. I'm thankful for my home and for warm beds for us all to sleep in at night. I'm thankful for our doggie, Chickie. All the things that I'm most thankful for make up the Wilkins5. And there truly is nothing else in the world that I need more than these things and my relationship with God.


"And as the sun came up, she gave thanks. 'All things beautiful come from, You. I praise You for your provision and for Your love.' She brought her hands together, bowed her head and closed her eyes. For only a few moments she gathered herself in these thoughts. Then, she took one step forward, and the next day of her life began."


No comments:

Post a Comment