Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Simpatico: A Memoir by Candice Wilkins
Release date: 2020

Simpatico: having or characterized by shared attributes or interests; compatible.

Gratitude: A New Year

I sit here in the quiet of my home. One big kid away at a friend’s for a sleepover. Two others snuggled still in bed. My husband fast asleep, nurturing his creative mind. I’m up with my cup of coffee with the perfect coloring of my expertly applied half-n-half, working on our finances, chatting with friends and making plans via text messaging...pondering our new year.

Why has the Lord chosen me for such a wonderful life? is the question that plays over and over in my head this morning. After a wonderful evening with our best friends ushering in the new year, pondering our Moonshots...hoping, celebrating, encouraging, laughing, dreaming. There is no better word to describe my heart than grateful. I woke up to a text from my pastor with an invitation to a prayer conference in February. YES! Sign me up, I say! The opportunities for growth in my life continue, over and over and I cannot fathom why.

In all of my personal mixed-up-ness (Yes, let’s make that a word!) it’s still possible to have a heart that is full, that is curious, that is hopeful and eager to see what each new day brings in 2019. There are parts of me that don’t believe I deserve such happiness, a loving husband, children with potential that I cannot explain with mere words, a career and job that I love with my whole heart and even a sweet little Havanese puppy that has stolen my heart in the most unlikeliest of times. What can I do, other than humbly come before my God and say thank you. Thank you, Jesus. That’s it, I have no other words. Nothing else describes my heart but to say thank you so much for everything that you have given me that I have done nothings spectacular to deserve. Thank you. That’s all, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment