Thursday, August 23, 2012

The First Day of School, part 1


Monday the baby of our family, my son Grant, started Kindergarten. I’ve been asked several times what I’m going to do with “all” of my time now that all of my kids are in school. I chuckle. Here’s what I believe they hope my answer will be. Let’s see how many of these tasks I can accomplish today...
  1. Go back to bed after everyone leaves
  2. Marvel at silence in our home
  3. Make coffee
  4. Eat bonbons aka Ben & Jerry's Everything But The...
  5. Take a nap
  6. Hopefully wake up in time to watch Live with Kelly
  7. After I watch my BFF Kelly call my other BFF Sarah to see what she’s up to (her daughter also started Kindergarten this week)
  8. Ugh, I’m exhausted from all of this watching and talking, time to take another nap
  9. Wake up from nap but stay laying in bed, stare at ceiling fan
  10. DING! goes my iPhone. Someone just played me in Words With Friends...I wonder if I’m coherent enough to use my J, Q, & X all in the same word?
  11. More laying and staring
  12. Sit up in bed just enough to open my computer: google John Cusack. Let’s see what he’s up to today.
  13. Ponder standing
  14. Ponder showering
  15. ...
  16. ...
  17. ...
  18. Miss my children, go pick them up
Tongue in cheek answers are fun, but as you can imagine, my silly answers reflect an unrealistic life. I’ll post later this week how I’m feeling about all these changes. After all, I much prefer answering the “how do I feel” question as opposed to the “what am I going to do” question. 

In the meantime here’s a sneak peak of what I’m sure to be up to:



No comments:

Post a Comment